Privacy and Security Policies
Privacy and Security Policy
Bésame undertakes to use the information provided by you for the sole purpose of conducting business relations between customer and supplier to facilitate business transactions among parties. We do not share or sell the information of our databases and we protect their confidentiality delimited by the law.
We use the information for:
- To conduct internal studies on the interests, behaviors and demographics users to offer better service and supply their needs with related information.
- To improve our business and promotional initiatives by analyzing product lines purchased by users, allowing us to improve our product offering.
- To send information or messages by e-mail about new products, advertising or promotions, banners of interest to our users. If the user prefers, he/she can request to be removed from our email listing for promotional or advertising information. You can notify us about this change to the email email@example.com
- To send notices or information by short text messages (SMS) to cell phone provided by the user in our website int.besame.com. Short text messages may contain advertising and / or promotional messages from Besame.com
- Promotional activities and competitions made by Besame.com only for those customers who authorize expressly to divulge their names, personal data and images including member of their families, only for those issues and what they consider suitable, for advertising and / or promotional purposes, without the right to any compensation.
And other marketing elements used nowadays.
Cookies are small data files that are generated on the user's computer and allow us to store information such as the content selected by the user in his/her visit to our website, elements that control the access of restricted areas; allowing us to customize the shopping experience. This information is stored in encrypted form and destroyed after a while, not constituting a security and privacy threat.
Bésame respects the right to privacy, therefore ensures the confidentiality of the data provided by our users and guarantees that in no case will be ceded to third parties. The companies / entities involved in the sales process, such as the carrier and the payment gateway, have access to this data only and exclusively for the fulfillment of these purposes.
Bésame does not store bank account or credit card information when making payments in our store in any of our databases. The security and confidentiality of electronic transactions are run by banks and payment processors, which give more confidence in making payments over the Internet.
Our store is hosted at Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment: If you select a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, in this case our only active payment gateway is PAYU LATAM, who processes your credit card details. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as necessary to complete your purchase transaction. Once it is completed, the transaction information will be deleted. In none of the cases Bésame keeps information regarding your bank details or credit cards.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS administered by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the safe handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
All our services are available for people over 18 years of age with legal capacity to contract a service. That is why those who do not comply with this condition should refrain from providing personal information in our databases. Minors may only make purchases represented by their parents or under an adult guardian.
The security of the information is also a responsibility of our users, therefore, we make the following recommendations:
- Have a full control of your user and password in all transactions.
- Refrain from providing bank information on public computers.
- Do not activate options such as "stay connected" when entering passwords on public computers.